Josie's Journal

Monday, October 17, 2011

Meet My Mom

Hello... again, I am not the author of this blog.  I have come over from Emily is Smiling in order to introduce my mom to the blogging world. 

Blogging can be such a joy.  It's a way to capture moments in life so you can look back on them and smile.  It's a way to share snapshots of one's family and lifestyle.  It's a way to share and gain information and it's a way to open your heart and thoughts to the world. 

I have been blogging for a little over two years now.  My mom is an avid reader of my blog (especially now that I live ten hours away from home at college) and I figured it was time for her to make her own.  Of course, she didn't know how to actually make one, so I did that for her.

I'm probably not the one who should be writing the first post for this blog.  Perhaps because I don't like calling my mom "Pam," which is what a good guest-blogger would do... because she's "Mom" to me.  I suppose I could share about her heart.  My mom and dad have been married for my entire life, which is a rare and beautiful thing.  About fourteen months ago, they embraced my best friend Ali into our home.  Through this experience, I've been able to see the magnitude of love my mom has in her heart.  She isn't just "my" mom.  She has the heart of a mommy and is willing to share her love with those who God has put in her life.  My mom is a stay-at-home-mom, so she's been an active part of my life since I was a baby, which has been such a blessing to me and my siblings.

My family has grown to be fairly big.  It consists of my dad (Jeff), my mom (Pam), me (Emily, age 19), 15-year-old Amy, 12-year-old Luke, and now 19-year-old Ali as well.  We also have three precious dogs: Buddy, Boo, and Jack, who frequently add entertainment to our lives.  We also have an obese cat named Oreo and the occasional fish.  We've been blessed with grandparents who are an active part of our lives, so expect to read about them occasionally as well.

I named my mom's blog "Optimist by Choice" because this is a quality my mom has displayed in her life for as long as I can remember.  She is a big believer in making a choice to be joyful and optimistic.  She is a true example of an optimist by choice.

I'm only a guest writer on this blog... the "real" first post will come sometime soon.  Hope you enjoy your new blog, Mom.

1 comment:

  1. yay for blogs!!! I am excited to read it! I love the first two :) guess I will have to hurry up and post on mine too. Love you very much -ali

    ReplyDelete