Josie's Journal

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Why I Married Him


Today I'm going to talk about my wonderful husband.  Yesterday we had a little scare.  You see, my husband wants to be healthy and in shape (and lose a little weight) so he's been exercising on a regular basis for the past 6 months.  He tried working out with a MMA instructor but now he's resorted to doing Insanity.  This is a video workout that REALLY lives up to it's name.It's 6 days of intense workout.  Recently, he felt his heartbeat doing some funny stuff at the height of his workout so he scheduled an appointment with his cardiologist.  Much to his surprise, he failed the treadmill stress test.  He went the entire 15 minutes (which is impressive) but it did show some depression which can be indicative of heart disease.  He then had to take a thallium stress test which we found out today was negative for heart disease.  We are so thankful and relieved.


   Because of this scare, it has caused me to pause and to appreciate my husband for all that he does for us.  He is such a good daddy.  He really tries to spend quality time with each child. They are much more responsive to him than me.  He is also a sensitive and compassionate guy.  Even though he doesn't always love the responsibility that comes with being a doctor, he is always good to his patients.  Even in the middle of the night, I've been amazed at how patient and kind he is.  He's so good to me also.  Really, he spoils me.   He has really stepped up and become the spiritual leader of our family.  He has a great sense of humor.  He's quite goofy, really.  He complains that I don't laugh at his jokes anymore, but I tell him that I've been hearing the same ones for 22 years now.  

Just a few fun facts about him include:  He's an avid Cowboys fan.  He's afraid of heights to put it mildly.  He sings in a Gospel Quartet.  He loves to golf, and still plays a little basketball on occasion. 

He hates to have his picture taken so I don't have that many of him.  I've already informed him that we are taking family pictures Thanksgiving, so be ready.  He hates to be in the spotlight so he would be embarrassed to know I am writing this.  Oh well.  We'll let it be a surprise!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with all of this, EXCEPT for the being patient and kind in the middle of the night. A certain instance comes to my mind from last year...
    "I just threw up."
    "Well, what do you want me to do about it?"
    Hmmm.... :)
    This was really cute. I'm blogging about your blog on Saturday, so be ready! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I like all of your pictures.

    ReplyDelete