Josie's Journal

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Preserving Memories: Part One

I'd like to share an idea with you that you might enjoy, especially if you are a mother of young children.  If you don't fall into this category, maybe you could share the idea with someone who does.

My kids are now in 6th grade, 10th grade, and Freshman in College.  When my first one started school, (Homeschool),  I started this process of preserving some of her school work by binding a sampling of that year's school work into a book form.

I usually keep their best work.  I also keep anything that they have written themselves, such as:  a report, a story, a report, a speech, etc.  Other ideas of things to put into this special book are special awards, report cards, class schedule, class pictures, notes from teachers, art work. 

Having these books cut down on clutter.  I don't have a drawer full of papers. The kids love to go through these books, remember the projects and work they did that year.  I try to get this completed during the summer right after school has ended.  I go through the papers finding the BEST work and the things we would want to preserve, then I take them to a UPS store or FED EX store.  They will bind the papers into a book for a small price.  I don't remember the exact price but I know it's under $10. 

By the way, I will not be doing this for my College student this year.  Sorry, Emily.

No comments:

Post a Comment